Thanksgiving Holiday Recipe
Sarah’s Pecan Pie
- 1 cup Light Corn Syrup (you can use dark, but I prefer light)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Mexican Vanilla Extract (Regular vanilla works well too)
- 1-1/2 cups pecans
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Grease your pie pan lightly with cooking spray or a little flour and place your thawed refrigerated pie crust in the pan smoothing the edges and bottom around the pan..
3. Mix the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and Mexican vanilla together.
4. Add the pecans to the mixture and combine.
5. Pour the combined pecan mixture into the pie crust*.
6. Bake the pie for 60 minutes or until the mixture springs back when you touch the top.
7. Allow the pie to cool for 2 hours at room temperature before serving. You can also bake the pie a day before and let it cool overnight in the refrigerator. You can set the pie out about 1 hour before serving.
*To keep your pie crust edges from burning, put foil around the crust edges while the pie bakes.
Click the icons below to stay connected with